Vending Route Driver
Website Crickler Vending Company
Crickler is a regional breakroom services provider offering services such as vending, micro markets, and office coffee & water. In 2014 we became a franchise of Canteen, the world’s largest convenience services provider. Our affiliation with Canteen provides our family-owned and operated company access to corporate resources. This gives us the ability to offer our customers the best convenience services and cutting-edge technology while maintaining a family owned and operated work atmosphere.
Full Job Description
Work Location: Crickler Vending Company, Inc. 900 Jefferson Road BLDG 5 Rochester, NY 14623
Job Summary: Will need excellent customer service skills when interacting with our customers. Will be driving a company truck to accounts to restock inventory, maintain accurate inventory levels, collect, and secure cash from machines, and help resolve any customer issues that may come up.
We provide a paid training program for new drivers that they must complete during their first 4-6 weeks upon hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000 – $42,000 a year
- Start time is at 5:00 am. End time differs depending on route and day.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a kind and courteous manner.
- Verifies products issued before leaving the warehouse.
- Loads additional products and supplies onto the truck.
- Drives to designated locations; unloads truck and distributes delivered items as instructed.
- Properly stocks vending equipment, pantry and coffee areas, and micro markets with products.
- Checks all products currently on-site for proper dating and any damage.
- Ensure all equipment is working and in good condition before leaving a customer location.
- Ensure all product is priced properly for the customer being serviced.
- Maintains proper inventory tracking in machines and on the truck through a handheld or tablet.
- Maintains Crickler’s high standard of cleanliness at accounts.
- Prepare empty containers and unsold merchandise for return to the warehouse and/or disposal.
- Monitors product usage; makes adjustments to control inventory turns.
- Ensures proper handling of perishable products; maintains refrigeration of food and beverages in accordance with Crickler procedures.
- Maintains security of cash and property by locking unattended vehicle, securing funds in a locked safe, and securing keys and vehicle at end of shift.
- Unloads and cleans trash from vehicle; performs daily vehicle operative checks; maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations; reports vehicle problems.
- Performs the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Crickler’s PPE and COVID-19 requirements.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Reliable transportation to Rochester warehouse (will drive company truck on routes).
- Must be able to utilize computers/iPads and GPS technology.
- Can pass a comprehensive background and driving history check.
- US work authorization
- Experience as a route driver is preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling correspondence with managers and customers.
- Ability to work independently and utilize time efficiently while being organized.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail.
- Strong sense of navigation through high traffic areas and extreme weather conditions.
- Paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is:
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment required (Crickler will provide all PPE unless you prefer to wear your own approved PPE)
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Crickler Vending Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. At Crickler, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Join the Team!